In the winter, warm air generated by your heating system, dryer, shower, dish washer and stove can all linger in the house and cause moisture build-up.
In the summer, excessive heat build-up forces accelerated aging and cracking of wood and roofing materials. Your energy bill will also skyrocket trying to combat the excessive heat trapped in the house.
Balanced ventilation can relieve these issues and give your roof the longevity that it was built for. In a balanced system, wind blowing over the ridge creates a negative pressure that draws the warmer air out of the attic. Replacement air enters through the under eave or soffit vents, bathes the underside of the roof, and exits at the ridge cap through ridge vents, roof vents or gable vents. Even with no wind, the natural convection action of rising warm air maintains a continuous airflow along the underside of the roof. It’s a system that works year’round with no moving parts or energy consumption. Are you interested in improving your ventilation?
The benefits of roof ventilation:
- Allows outside air to flow naturally upward and out of attic.
- Promotes a cooler, drier attic.
- Helps prevent moisture from becoming trapped in insulation, structural wood, shingles and roof deck.
- Helps prevent rotting, mildew, drywall damage, peeling paint and warped siding.
- Provides year-round performance for consistent ventilation without energy consumption.
Contact us for your complimentary consultation, including a digital model of your home and what it can look like with different styles and colors of shingles and siding materials. (973) 937-8876