New Jersey Solar Roofing Installation
As solar technology continues to rise in demand, many homeowners are racing to install solar energy in their own homes. However, traditional solar panels are not the only way to access solar power—installing solar roofing can allow you to access solar energy for your home without the need for bulky, unsightly panels.
Why Solar Energy?
There are many reasons why people choose to install a solar system in their homes:
- Reduce your carbon footprint: Using solar power for your home is eco-friendly. When you choose to partake of the free energy offered by the sun, you decrease the number of fossil fuels used on the planet.
- Lower your electric bills: If you’re generating some of your power through solar, the electric company will charge you less because you’re using less electricity each month, and it will also issue you credits for saving power on the grid for others. This means that installing solar roofing is a win-win for the homeowner and the electric company.
- Keep up with the latest technology: No homeowner wants to be the last one to update their home with the newest technology. Solar energy is here to stay, and homeowners are awarded tax credits for going solar. In fact, many new homes are being built with solar automatically installed.
- Raise the value of the home: If you want to increase your return on investment for your home, solar can help you achieve that. Buyers will pay significantly more for homes with solar panel units attached.
- Be prepared during an emergency: While not all solar roofing installations include a solar storage battery, installing a battery backup system can allow you to keep the power on in your home during a blackout.
GAF Solar Roofing
Blue Nail Roofing and Siding offers solar roofing installation through GAF solar roofing.
GAF, North America’s biggest roofing manufacturer, has now entered the solar energy market. GAF is known for high-quality roof products, and their roof-integrated solar panels are no exception.
When this integrated solar system is used, GAF’s solar roofing panels are installed onto a clean roof deck. Existing shingles are removed and replaced with GAF’s roof-integrated panels. The solar roofing installation process is detailed and precise so that the end results are seamless, waterproof, and pest-proof.
GAF Solar Roofing vs. Traditional Solar Panels
When it comes to comparing GAF solar roofing to traditional solar panels, there are a few things to consider. Both solar systems have advantages and disadvantages.
- Traditional solar panels have been around longer. Time has proven that solar panels are low-maintenance and long-lasting. Therefore, they come with 15-20 year warranties.
- Traditional solar panels can be placed on the side of the house or in the yard. You do not have to put solar panels on your roof. If the side of your house or your yard gets more direct sunlight, traditional solar panels can be installed in those locations instead.
- Traditional solar panels can be installed on any roof. Solar panels are not limited to a GAF roof manufacturer and GAF materials. You can use them on various types of roofs.
- The rack-mounted panels can trap leaves and bird nests. Because panels do not lay flush, debris can get trapped underneath them. Light maintenance needs to be done from time to time to brush away accumulated debris.
- If the roof needs to be replaced, the panels need to be re-installed. One downside of solar panels is you never want to install them on an old roof. A new roof and a solar installation can be a hefty investment.
- Solar panels are aesthetically bulkier. Some people do not like the look of solar panels as they are bulky and do not blend well with the roof.
- Solar panel installation can cause issues such as leaks. While installing traditional solar panels shouldn’t damage your roof, poor installation or installation onto an older or incompatible roof can easily cause roofing damage and leaks.
GAF Solar Shingle Roofing
- GAF Golden Pledge Warranty offers comprehensive protection. Traditional solar installation involves screwing solar panels into existing shingles, which can void the warranty on the shingles. If leaks occur, you might end up not being covered by either warranty. With GAF, everything is under one name and one warranty, so you’re protected no matter what.
- GAF solar roofing installs directly onto the roof. A solar roofing installation serves two purposes in protecting your roof and serving as a solar system for your home.
- GAF solar roofing looks sleek and lays flush with the roof. GAF solar roofing panels look nicer once installed on your roof since they lay flat and blend in better with the rest of the roofing shingles. This also prevents birds and animals from getting underneath the shingles.
- GAF solar roofing sheds water and deters pests with a flashing system. This combined system is effective in protecting your roof and making sure it remains waterproof. Your new solar roofing will also be eligible for GAF’s Golden Pledge Limited Warranty, so you can rest easy knowing your roof won’t be susceptible to leaks.
- GAF solar roofing is only compatible with GAF roof manufacturers that provide asphalt-shingled roofs. GAF solar roofing is only compatible with roofing materials manufactured by GAF, so this technology won’t be available to you if your roof is made from different materials.
- GAF solar roofing has been around for a shorter period of time. GAF solar roofing technology hasn’t been around as long as traditional solar panels, which means we’re still waiting to see if solar roofing is here to stay as a new technology.
Contact Expert Roofing Professionals in New Jersey
At Blue Nail Roofing and Siding, you don’t need to worry about extreme weather or pests causing leaks to your roof. Whether you choose solar roofing installation or traditional solar panels, our team can ensure that your roof will outlast high-speed winds, hail, extreme heat, or ice. Contact Blue Nail today to schedule an initial consultation.