Designing your home’s exterior with James Hardie siding can be a great way to enhance the aesthetic appeal and durability of your home. Here are some tips to consider when designing your home’s exterior using various styles of James Hardie siding:
- Choose a style of James Hardie siding that complements the architectural style of your home. For example, if you have a Craftsman-style home, consider using HardiePlank lap siding in a traditional, rustic finish. Alternatively, if you have a contemporary-style home, consider using HardiePanel vertical siding in a smooth finish.
- Consider mixing and matching different styles and colors of James Hardie siding to create visual interest and depth. For example, you could use HardieShingle siding in a complementary color to add texture and contrast to your home’s exterior.
- Use trim and accent pieces to highlight architectural features and add visual interest. For example, you could use HardieTrim boards to frame windows and doors, or to create decorative gables and dormers.
- Consider the overall color scheme of your home’s exterior when selecting James Hardie siding colors. Choose colors that complement or contrast with your roof, landscaping, and other exterior elements.
- Use lighting to highlight the texture and color of your James Hardie siding, especially at night. Well-placed lighting can create a dramatic effect and enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of your home’s exterior.
Remember to always consult with a professional designer or contractor to ensure that your design choices are safe, functional, and meet local building codes and regulations. At Blue Nail, we have expert project consultants that can help guide you to making the optimum choices that fit your design style and budget. If you are a NJ homeowner, contact us today and we will be happy to set you up with a free consultation and architectural rendering to show you how different patterns, colors and styles can work for you!